Owning a dog daycare or pet grooming business can be an exciting and fulfilling career. After all, you get to spend your days with some of the best dogs in town!
As your business grows, employee management becomes vital for your success. Your employees are the backbone of your business. They’ll be greeting your clients, taking calls, caring for dogs, performing various tasks, and so much more.
If you prioritize taking care of your employees, your employees will, in turn, take care of your business.
Importance of an employee management software.
Your employees are the core of your operations. When you’re able to properly manage your employees, you improve productivity and loyalty and reduce the overall turnover rate. At its core, employee management involves:
- Recruiting and onboarding new employees
- Providing support
- Scheduling employees for appointments
- Providing training
- Evaluating performance
- Developing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Looking after payroll
- Scheduling leave and time off
There’s a lot that goes into motivating your employees to help your doggie daycare or dog grooming business reach its goals. You must take into account each employee’s diverse needs, strengths, and areas for growth.
4 benefits of employee management software.
1. Reduces your workload: Using employee management software for dog daycares can help with scheduling to avoid double booking or understaffing. It can also automate many repetitive tasks, such as sending appointment reminders and bookkeeping. This can free up your time for the more important tasks that require you to be present with the dogs.
2. Helps reduce costly errors: When you are manually completing timekeeping and payroll, human error can cause a lot of issues. Even the slightest mistake can cost you hundreds if not thousands of dollars. With automated processes, you can reduce the risk of errors.
3. Ensures compliance with laws and regulations in your area: Most employee management software has integrated processes built in to ensure your business is always in compliance. The software is designed to track employee’s hours to ensure your business isn’t in violation of labor laws. It can also encrypt data to make sure your business is in alignment with data protection laws. Staying on top of these laws reduces the risk of legal issues down the road.
4. Allows you to easily communicate and collaborate with your team: Using a cloud based kennel software with employee management features allows you to make updates from anywhere. Your employees are kept up to date at all times. Each employee can see, at a glance, where each dog is within your facility and what specific care they require such as medication or food.
Features of employee management software.
Employee management software for pet care businesses can benefit your business by streamlining your human resources tasks to improve your overall employee management. It can provide a great experience for your employees and take a lot off your plate. Common features of an employee management software include the following.
Employee schedule tracking and management.
If you have multiple employees, scheduling can be time-consuming, and tracking attendance can be tedious. Even the slightest of errors can incur a lot of unnecessary costs.
With employee management software, you can provide accurate timekeeping that is connected directly to your payroll. It helps make accounting a little bit easier.
Employee management software can also allow employees to submit for vacation, review their schedules, and view any accrued paid time off. This can allow you to plan upcoming weeks to ensure you don’t have any gaps in coverage.
Employee records management.
Any size business needs to keep accurate records of all employees. Employee management software can keep data like an online filing cabinet. It can store your employees’ names, addresses, emergency contacts, job information, certifications, performance, and more.
Employee records contain sensitive and personal information and require a high level of security to protect you and your employee’s data. Find pet care software with data encryption and multifactor authentication. Learning how to manage your employee records can be less daunting with the right pet facility software.
Employee portal capabilities.
Employee self-service portals can take care of a number of human resources tasks. It allows your employees to update their own information contained within their employee records, update important banking information, manage time-off requests, and more.
A self-service portal reduces the risk of errors and is a great communication tool between you and your employees to let you know of any changes in their information or availability.
Tracking employee performance.
Keeping up to date with how well your employees perform is important to ensure your business runs smoothly. An employee management software allows you to track your employees' performance and provide or send feedback to them directly.
How to choose an employee management software.
- Determine your budget: How much are you willing to spend on employee management software? Weigh out the pros and cons and determine if investing in one can help save you money in the long run.
- Features: Employee management software should have a lot of tools that can help you with a variety of management tasks. Some features to keep an eye out for include time tracking, scheduling, and payroll reports.
- Ease of use: There are a lot of pet business management software options that can be complex and hard to navigate. You don’t want to choose a dog daycare software that ends up giving you more to do as you try to figure out how it works. Choose an employee management software you’re comfortable using.
- Access management: With multiple employees, you’ll need to give them access, but you want to keep it restricted to prevent them from making any critical changes. Make sure the software has access levels you can assign to your employees.
- Data and analytics: Does the software have advanced data and reporting to show you business trends, employee growth, and more? If you can easily export data into spreadsheets to build your own reports, you can keep a broad overview of your business’s growth.
- Track laws and compliance: Each state has its own set of laws and regulations for the workforce. Some employee software can alert you when employees are reaching certain hours to ensure your business remains in compliance.
How can PetExec help you with your employee management?
PetExec is designed for all pet care businesses from small pet grooming businesses to large pet boarding facilities. When managing a business, a pet business software with employment management features can make a huge impact on your day-to-day and overall operations.
PetExec’s employee management capabilities include:
- Managing employees' schedules, locations, tasks, and sign-in/out times through a time clock module.
- Limiting the computer IP address that employees can sign in from.
- Logging all actions that employees take within the software by providing unique usernames and passwords for each employee.
- Setting employee privileges in the system to avoid access to areas with sensitive information like accounting reports.
Employee management software reviews.
PetExec has countless positive reviews online and is widely considered one of the best employee management software options for pet professionals.
Implementing robust employee management software can be a revolutionary change for your business. It can track your employee records, keep scheduling and timekeeping organized and accurate, provide you with vital data, and track your team’s performance.
By using employee management software, you’ll be able to easily maintain a productive, engaged, and happy workplace, leading to happier clients and a flourishing business.
Can I do my own accounting for my business?
Accounting can be a daunting task. If you’ve got the right tools, time, and patience, you can easily manage the accounting for your business.
How to keep employee records secure?
Security is a major concern in this digital age. As a business owner, you have to keep a record of every employee. Records mean maintaining sensitive information and keeping it safe. Electronic records should be encrypted and password protected; paper records should be kept locked in a secure location.