PetExec vs Kennel Connection: Software Comparison
How to Compare Business Operations Software
When evaluating business operations software for your pet business, it's crucial to assess the software's features, scalability, cost, support, and integrations. Ensuring that the software aligns with your business needs is essential to efficiently manage and grow your business. But what do each of these terms mean? Software features encompass everything you expect a pet care software to do, like check-in clients, or sell clients leashes and treats. Scalability refers to the software being able to grow as your business grows: if you regularly care for 10 different pets a week but you suddenly open more locations and now you see 100, will your software be able to accommodate 10 times the data? Cost is often an important factor – how much will you be paying for the service, and is it a good value for your money? Having a good support system (agents who are available for live chat, virtual calls, or even in-person visits) is crucial to make sure you’re getting everything you need out of your new software. And integrations connect your pet software to other programs you may already use, such as bookkeeping software like QuickBooks. We’ll cover all of these factors for two top dog daycare software companies, PetExec and Kennel Connection, to help you decide which is right for you.
Kennel Connection is based in the US and has been in business for over 27 years. Their business supports Boarding, Daycare, Grooming, Petsitting, Training, and Special Services.
PetExec has been in business since 2006, and has helped customers schedule over 75 million appointments ever since. Their business supports Daycare, Boarding, Grooming, Training, and Scheduled Services.
PetExec vs Kennel Connection - Features Comparison
Here are some select features that appear on both PetExec and Kennel Connection’s platforms. Please note that PetExec has all features across all of their plans except for SMS communications, whereas some of these features might be extra on Kennel Connection’s platform. PetExec allows you to manage multiple business locations on all subscription plans, whereas Kennel Connection only enables this for Platinum members.
- Customer Support and Live Phone Support
- Unlimited Client and Pet Records
- Free and Constantly Updating Software
- Integrated Credit Card Processing
- Employee Management
- Inventory Management
- Client Portal for Online Reservations
- Live, Remote Access to Software
- Communication Through Two-Way Unlimited SMS (Available on PetExec’s Web + Unlimited Texting and Web + Unlimited Texting + PetExec Mobile plans)
- Secure Data Storage
- Detailed Reporting
- Business Dashboard
- Track Client Details, From Pet Names to Feeding Schedules
- Schedule Appointments
- E-mail Clients
PetExec vs Kennel Connection - Pricing
Take a look at PetExec’s pricing:
Now, take a look at Kennel Connection’s pricing:
As you can see, though PetExec’s services are slightly more expensive, the tiers are simpler and they do encompass more features. Kennel Connection’s standard plan only allows one module, meaning one type of business like grooming or daycare. PetExec’s lowest tier plan is just $16 more, yet lets you use unlimited modules, encompassing all aspects of your business. PetExec’s lowest tier includes Quickbooks integration, yet Kennel Connection’s does not. PetExec gives all tiers a client portal, yet only Kennel Connection’s most expensive tier has this feature.
And if you’re not satisfied, PetExec does offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
PetExec vs Kennel Connection - Supported Platforms and Devices
A dog daycare software is no use if it doesn’t work with your operating system. Luckily, both companies support the following platforms and devices.
- Desktop - Mac
- Desktop - Windows
- Desktop - Linux
- Desktop - Chromebook
- Mobile - Android
- Mobile - iPhone
- Mobile - iPad
Kennel Connection supports on-premises software for Windows and Linux. PetExec’s software is all cloud-based, meaning that you can travel with your software wherever your day takes you! <p>
PetExec vs Kennel Connection - Customer Support
Both PetExec and Kennel Connection offer customer support via different methods, so you can communicate in the way that’s easiest for you. These include:
- Email/Help Desk: Send an email whenever a question strikes, and a staff member will get back to you shortly.
- FAQs/Forum: If you have a question, chances are someone else will have had the same one as well. Access either company’s frequently asked questions to get yours answered, or head to the forum to discuss with other business owners.
- Phone Support: Friendly agents are available at either company to answer your questions over the phone.
- Online chat: Chat with someone at PetExec or Kennel Connection to get answers quickly.
PetExec vs Kennel Connection - Training
While both software programs are so easy to use, you’ll be able to get them going right out of the box, training may still be necessary to get the most out of your dog groomer software. PetExec and Kennel Connection each offer training via these methods.
- Live Online, where you can receive training in real time.
- Live Webinars, where you can interact with the presenter to ask and answer questions.
- Written Documentation, such as blog articles.
- Recorded Videos, that can be found on their website or on other websites like YouTube.
PetExec vs Kennel Connection - APIs and Integrations
Both PetExec and Kennel Connections support integrations with credit card processors (PetExec uses Stripe) and QuickBooks, the nation’s leading accounting software. Both also integrate with PetDetect Printer, which creates temporary ID collars for pets. Kennel Connection integrates with touch screens and other forms of hardware. Here are some other integrations that PetExec features.
- Reviews: PetExec integrates with Broadly so customers can leave reviews.
- Web cameras: PetExec integrates with iDogCam, the pet industry’s leading webcam provider so clients can view their pets enjoying your facilities with ease.
- Client check-ins: PetExec integrates with Vanguard ID Systems to ensure a seamless check-in process using bar code key tags.
PetExec vs Kennel Connection - Reviews
PetExec and Kennel Connection have both earned rave reviews from their customers on SoftwareAdvice.com, though PetExec edges out Kennel Connection slightly. Here is a breakdown of both businesses’ customer reviews:
Kennel Connection Pros and Cons:
Many customers loved using Kennel Connection, praising its ease of use, and its constant updates to improve its services. However, some customers claimed Kennel Connection’s software was cumbersome, and that their customer service left much to be desired.
PetExec Pros and Cons:
Customers gave two paws up to PetExec, giving compliments to its customer service, its credit card integrations, its paperless options, and its user-friendly interface. There were some complaints about difficulty of changing settings, but those were resolved when the client contacted PetExec’s customer service.
While you’d do well to sign up for either dog daycare software, PetExec’s software does slightly better than Kennel Connection’s for its simplicity and for its number of features included per pricing tier. Book a free PetExec demo today to learn more!